The meeting aims to provide an update on Contemporary Paediatrics and to present the outputs of the SPaeDD-UK Project. This is of great importance for the EPTRI project, especially in relation to the thematic platform for paediatric formulation. Catherine Tuleu from University College London and WP leader of the Paediatric formulation platform (WP8) is directly involved in the paediatric research program of the SPaeDD-UK project.
Co-funded by Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency), the Smart Paediatric Drug Development (SPaeDD) project is a cross company and academic centre initiative to accelerate paediatric formulation development. It was established in 2014 and focussed on UK expertise. The collaboration, which has been an excellent example of multi-company/academic work, has now reached the end of its funding period and this meeting will present the final outputs from the project work streams. Each of these has produced outputs which have the potential to assist the way in which medicines are developed and tested for children.
The meeting will deal with the following topics:
- Current EMA paediatric regulations
- The requirements for paediatric formulations from an industry and hospital practitioner’s perspectives
- How to perform in-vitro taste testing of paediatric medicines
- The use of PBPK modelling applied to paediatrics
- Novel paediatric formulations
- Ways in which the acceptability of formulations can be tested in paediatrics
- Exploitation of the output from SPaeDD
The meeting is hosted by the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences and will take place in London, Friends House, Euston Road, on Wednesday 28th March 2018.